Ginger Cake Birthday Cake Recipe
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
4 ounces cold unsalted butter
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped ginger
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 350 degrees (325 for convection oven) Spray 8 by 3-inch baking pan with Baker's Joy. Line bottom of pan with parchment and spray parchment.
- Into a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, ginger, cloves, and allspice; set aside.
- Using a pastry blender, 2 knives, or your fingers, work the butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, milk, and half of the chopped ginger and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter should appear lumpy).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chopped ginger on top of batter. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a cake tester inserted into cake's center comes out clean.
Birthday Cake Central http://birthday-cake-central.com